Monday 12 September 2011

9/11, ten years on

I spent the weekend in Toronto, where I was one of about 30 people not in uniform at a 9/11 memorial at Toronto City Hall. I was incredibly surprised at the low turnout, where uniformed people (of various sorts) outnumbered common folk at least two to one.

It's incredible to me that this all happened ten years ago. I can't believe I was in grade nine that long ago. Anyway, here are a couple of shots that I liked.

TORONTO, Ont. (11/09/11) - A member of Toronto Police Chief's Ceremonial Unit bows his head in a moment of silence remembering the first responder victims of the 9/11 attacks ten years ago at a memorial at Toronto City Hall. A small crowd turned out to honour the memory of those who died while responding to the terrorist attacks. Photo by Rachel Psutka.
TORONTO, Ont. (11/09/11) - Flowers are laid remembering the victims of the 9/11 attacks ten years ago at a memorial at Toronto City Hall. A small crowd turned out to honour the memory of those who died while responding to the terrorist attacks. Photo by Rachel Psutka.

No comments:

Post a Comment