Thursday 12 May 2011

Freelancing

Yesterday I had the chance to freelance a story/photo for my local paper. I was really set on getting a good story about the kids science fair I was at, and I kind of let my photography slide a bit. Looking back through the shots, there are so many more possibilities I missed, but I think that's something I'll learn to balance more as I do this sort of gig more often. Plus, I had the chance to interview the Premier, and I think that got me a bit flustered. Here are the best shots.
FORT SASKATCHEWAN, Alta. (11/05/11) - Grade eight student Chelsea Kanzit (left) and her grade nine partner Emma Pook display their baking experiment as part of the eighth annual Science Expo at Rudolph Hennig School in Fort Saskatchewan on May 11. The girls were testing to see which ingredients and baking methods produced the tastiest cupcakes. Photo by Rachel Psutka.

FORT SASKATCHEWAN, Alta. (11/05/11) - Grade two student Chelsea Ambeault poses with her plant project at the eighth annual Science Expo at Rudolph Hennig School in Fort Saskatchewan on May 11. Ambeault found that the hardest part of her project was staying in to do work and not being able to go out and play. Photo by Rachel Psutka. 

FORT SASKATCHEWAN, Alta. (11/05/11) - Grade eight student Grady Lang shows off his electric generator built out of recycled products and powered by rainwater to Premier Ed Stelmach at the eighth annual Science Expo at Rudolph Hennig School in Fort Saskatchewan on May 11. Lang's project was one of several that used green power and eco-friendly products. Photo by Rachel Psutka.

FORT SASKATCHEWAN, Alta. (11/05/11) - Premier Ed Stelmach celebrates his 60th birthday with Rudolph Hennig School staff members at the school's eighth annual Science Expo. Stelmach was a special guest judge and visited several student projects. Photo by Rachel Psutka.
I'm not sure which photo will run with the story yet, there are a few others that were possibilities that I didn't put up here. It's a weekly paper, so I probably won't find out until the 19th.

4 comments:



  1. Domestic abuse often escalates from threats and verbal abuse to violence
    And while physical injury may be the most obvious danger, the emotional and
    psychological consequences of domestic abuse are also severe.
    Emotionally abusive relationships can destroy your self-worth, lead to

    anxiety and depression, and make you feel helpless and alone.
    No one should have to endure this kind of pain—and your first step to breaking free is
    recognizing that your situation is abusive. Once you acknowledge the reality of the
    abusive situation, then you can get the help you need.

    ReplyDelete